Monday, December 4, 2017

A Decade Later (My Final Extra Credit Post)

About 10 years ago, I left the Bay Area to see what Pittsburgh had to offer in terms of employment and opportunities. And also to be with my present day wife after years of dating. Life is never without its challenges but I am extremely blessed. I know my grandmother would be proud. I went from Boston Dynamics to lending my expertise to certain research teams at Carnegie Mellon. God has never been greater to me, especially in my most challenging times. If I forgot to mention it, my wife is phenomenal as well. Instead of describing her, I'll just ask you to Google her. The bus trip from SF to Pittsburgh was filled with tons of reading and movies, each one having a different lesson and perspective on what it means to embrace the journey even when the destination is thought to be more important. In this stage of my life, I'm starting to understand the value of the journey. My greatest accomplishments are only single moments, the work put into them are hours, weeks, and years of effort that will last a lifetime. So now, I no longer wonder "Where will I go next?" I only ask "What journey am I on right now?" That is where life's biggest answers are revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment